Digital Photo Tips for
Digitally Assisted Diagnosis
| Home |
General Digital Photo Tips
You can help us by following these guidelines:
- Please look at the images before sending them to us. If they look out of focus to you, they will not be helpful to us.
- Send no more than five images per sample/question.
- When possible, please include size reference such as a ruler or a coin. If taking a photo of a ruler, let us know units (ie. Size is about 2 mm).
- For plant identifications, please include whole plant image, as well as close-ups of plant parts (leaves, flower, fruit, etc.)
- As with actual samples, please include as much additional information as possible
such as: planting date, age of plant, chemicals used, number of plants affected, where
found, patterns, when symptoms first noticed, etc.
Tips for Taking Digital Photos for Plant IDs
The following publications were prepared as guides for taking photos of plants for identification:
(PDF documents require Adobe Acrobat to view and print.)
Plant and Pest Digital Library and Digitally Assisted
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.
If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact the Webmaster